Monday, June 2, 2008

Another take on the fuel crisis

I don’t know why but there’s something I love about walking out on the tarmac and climbing up stairs to an airplane. It feels so old school, like I should be swearing a string of pearls, big sunglasses and a Jackie O tweed dress. However, I guess in this day and age it’s more of a money saving measure then a throwback to nostalgia.

We flew Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur International Airport’s Low Cost Carrier Terminal. At first, I felt kind of offended by that name. Were the passengers of normal carriers too good to mingle with the scoundrels on a budget? But come to find out it’s not a travelers’ caste system. By cutting back on amenities like skybridges, decorations, and transfer services to the main terminal, the airlines can lower landing fees, taxes, and handling charges. And that sounds good to me.


No comments: