Monday, June 16, 2008

Go big or go home

We are trying to fit in some last minute touristy things this week before Travis heads back to the States on Wednesday night. Yesterday, we went to the observation deck of Menara, KL’s telecommunications tower, the fourth largest in the world as a matter of fact. I went to Menara last time I was here, and I have to say the smog has gotten a lot worse over the last three years. If you go, make sure it’s a really clear day.

Afterwards, we walked down to Sungei Wang Plaza in Bukit Bintang. It’s seven stories of complete madness. It’s loud and it’s bright and it’s packed. The “aisles” on each floor are like mazes; I bet we didn’t even see half the place. And in each open area, there were stands set up selling stuff. It was dizzying. Not my cup of tea, but Travis liked it. The best part was going into the arcade and watching people in the karaoke booths. Asians love them some karaoke. We were hoping from some DDR but no luck.

We happened to stumble into Pavilion KL on the way; it made me much less claustrophobia. More my style, but more expensive. Bukit Bintang definitely seems like a cool area of town – tons of shopping, hotels, restaurants, all varying in price.

No comments: