Saturday, June 14, 2008

Goodbye, my love

We're flying back to Kuala Lumpur in just a couple hours. It's been an interesting trip, but I'm still completely fasinated with Bali. For the past two weeks, I've been known as Chelsea, the girl that's on her honeymoon with her brother. I guess there aren't many brother/sister traveling duos here, or at least not compared to newlyweds. It led to some hilariously awkward situation. And when I told locals I'm from Chicago, they'd either respond with "Ah, Chicago Bulls!" and a jump-shot motion (I didn't have the heart to tell them how bad they are these days) or start rambling excitedly about Barack Obama. Obama lived in Indonesia for a couple years when he was young and attended school in Jakarta so the Balinese are big fans.

Well, it’s time for a final dip in the pool and then packing. I've got a pretty killer tan.

No comments: