Sunday, June 22, 2008

Corny KL

It’s been a low-key weekend. Mostly shopping and eating in Bangsar. Kind of getting my act back together after Bali. But I’m already planning to hit the road again. This week I’m going to take a little trip up to Penang. I wanted to go camping in Taman Negara, but I just about had a nervous breakdown last night by the sheer number of mosquito bites I have and the fact that NOTHING is keeping them away. So I figured the wilderness isn’t such a good place to be. I’m going to take a bus up (about 5 hours) and an overnight train back (7 hours). I’m really excited to get out and travel on my own again. And I love train travel. I wish I could take it both ways but it doesn’t leave at good times for the KL-Penang leg.

We went to KL Sentral – the main train hub – to get this trip figured out and picked up some “corn in a cup” from a little stand similar to Auntie Anne’s in our malls. I thought I was back in the Midwest for a second. They even have corn smoothies! Sounds sick, but maybe I’ll try it next time. The corn in a cup was delicious.

1 comment:

krissi xenakis said...

HI KELSEY!

I am at work and want to leave...especially after reading about your adventures!

Have fun and be safe!(that is what my mom would say...but probably with safe in italics)

When are you going to write about your beef?