Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I was on fire!

I finally got around to doing the Tibetan fire therapy - check it out!

I have to say it didn't do much for me. But maybe it's because I couldn't relax - the Chinese lady setting up the stuff acted like she didn't know what she was doing and had to get help from another masseuse. All I could think was 'Oh my god, I'm going to die. I'm not going to have any hair. She's going to light me on fire.' She did it on my back and on my stomach and knees. My front was actually a lot less sensitive than my back, which I didn't expect. But if I was going to do it over, I'd probably do cupping instead (where they use suction to release the bad wind from your body.)

Afterward, we went to the national mosque. It was the last thing on my Malaysia to-do list. We got there just in time; tourists aren't allowed in during prayer times. It was actually a lot less impressive than I thought it'd be, but it's an old mosque and I guess the federal one is the bees knees. It was intereting though, and I'm glad I went. I had to wear this huge lavender robe inside and I (as a woman) wasn't allowed in the main prayer room.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cindy here. I tried the fire therapy today and I have to agree that it is pretty strange. All I could think of was that my hair was going to catch on fire. However, I was later told that it also is known to melt fat, so I've signed up for 10 more treatments!